"To advance child nutrition programs that promote wellness and academic success, while promoting leadership development opportunities to members."
Objectives of the Association
- Promote the optimal health, nutrition, and education of all children by supporting nutritionally adequate and educationally sound, financially accountable, nonprofit child nutrition and school community nutrition programs.
- Promote high standards for child nutrition and school community nutrition programs with emphasis on nutritionally adequate meals which are appealing to children.
- Promote united efforts between school personnel, allied organizations, industry and the public to assure every child an opportunity to receive the benefits of the child nutrition and nutrition education programs.
- Promote high standards, provide appropriate educational programs, incentives, and recognition for professional development of child nutrition personnel.
- Promote research and development in child nutrition programs.
- Promote the establishment of a national nutrition policy and legislation which provides optimal nutrition education for children.
- Promote the involvement of students and the school community in child nutrition programs.
- Promote membership and provide services to members.
2017-2018 State Plan of Action
2017-2018 State Plan of Action Powerpoint